Monday, May 26, 2014

Best Cheapest Prepaid Data Plan in Singapore

Planning to go to Singapore and looking for temporary data plan?
Or you stay in Singapore and want to have the most affordable data plan?

Here is the guide based on my personal experience:
First thing first, I would like to share my habit related to the data plan.
- I only use data at max 200Mb/week
- I rarely browse facebook 
- I sometimes browse forums
- I quite often browse news using FlipBoard and reddit
- I rarely download application using cellular network unless it's really urgent 
- I rarely watch YouTube using cellular network

So if you have almost the same criteria with me, this guide is for you.

From the 3 operators, so far Singtel offers is the best to suite my needs.
It has multiple data plans but the following data plan is the best to suite my needs:
1. 1GB for 1 week for $7
2. 10MB for 1 week for $1

So does that mean if I want to have a data plan for 1 month(assuming 1 month is 4 weeks), I need to pay $7 X 4 times?

The answer is: No.

Here is what makes it the cheapest:
Assuming today is Jan and Jan is having 4 weeks.
So what you need to do is:

Jan week-1: Subscribe the $7 data plan and you get 1GB for 7 days

Jan week-2: subscribe the $1 data plan and you get ADDITIONAL 10MB and ADDITIONAL 7 days which means, if let say on the first week you have finished 200MB, on the second week you will have 800MB (from first week) + 10MB (from second week). So in the second week you have 810MB

Jan week-3: subscribe another $1 data plan and you will get ADDITIONAL 10MB and ADDITIONAL 7 days. If let say in week 2 you have finished another 200MB (so in total you have spend 400MB), then on the third week you will have 610MB (remainder from the second week) + 10MB (from third week)

And the next following week and month you just continue to subscribe the $1 data plan until eventually you spend the whole data plan.

From the illustration above, for Jan I only spent $11 ($7 week 1, $1 for each week 2,3,4) and assuming on feb i didn't do much browsing, I can sown only $4 for my data plan ($1 for each week 1,2,3,4).

No comments: